Legal Info On-Line

Community Legal Education Ontario

CLEO is a specialized community legal clinic that produces clear language material for people with low incomes. Main topics include social assistance and pension, landlord and tenant law, refugee and immigration law, workers' compensation, family law, human rights, abuse and family violence, consumer law, criminal law, education law, environmental law, health and disability, wills and estates. . Some of their booklets and pamphlets can be read on line, if your computer can use Acrobat Reader. For example, to read CLEO's booklet on eviction, click Cleo, Publications, Publications On-line, or click here to try it:

There are many links to helpful local agencies and government offices on CLEO's website. Please click on CLEO to find them.

Legal Aid Ontario
If you need Legal Aid's assistance to get a lawyer, but your problem is not on
the list of work done at our clinic, please try Legal Aid Ontario;

You will find instructions on the Legal Aid Ontario webpage about how to apply for legal assistance, and how to find the office nearest you.

Law Society Referral Services
The Law Society Referral Service is designed to provide callers with up to 30 minutes of consultation either by phone or in person at no charge.  A Legal Information Officer will receive the call and assess the needs of the client and then provide the name of the lawyer or paralegal who best fits the client's stated needs.  The service is not designed to provide legal advice or second opinions, and any fees should be discussed with the lawyer of paralegal.

The service can be reached by calling toll free 1-855-947-5255.  Please find attached the link to the Law Society Referral Service website where you can request a referral online.

Other resources:

Will kit : Produced by Community Legal Clinic Simcoe, Haliburton and Kawartha Lakes.

Power of Attorney kit Use this link if you need to replace your birth certificate Use this link if you need to replace your Social Insurance card Link for tenanats to the Landlord and Tenant Board website to access forms

Our In-House pamphlets:

Housing information for Tenants in Grey and Bruce Counties

 Referral for Tenants in Grey and Bruce Counties

Investigation Enforcement Contact Information

Landlord and Tenant Disputes

Bedbugs - Tenant's Rights

Repairs - Getting Repairs Done Keep the Heat On! Information on heating costs for low income households in Grey and Bruce

Energy How to get out of your current hydro or gas contract

Doctor help for ODSP A guide for Doctors to complete ODSP Health Status Forms

Social Benefits Tribunal Disability Appeals self help info

We offer FREE dynamic information sessions on a variety of legal topics.  To access our pamphlet:  Public Legal Education

Legal Information for Migrant Farm Workers

What is a Special Diet Allowance? Information for people on OW or ODSP Benefits

Your Legal Rights Website link Legal Information for people in Ontario

Steps to Justice Website also provide answers to a variety of legal questions.  Click below on Find Answers to access their website.



Sponsored By

Site Designed and Hosted